Are you ready at OnTheSpot?
TetrinetClient – Build a tetrinet client
Design and develop a Tetrinet Client that is compatible with the current ToThePoint Tetrinet Server and additionally add more/new game-aspects to it
Description of the assignment
- A lot of our Pointers are fans of Tetrinet (a multiplayer Tetris variant). One of us was so obsessed that he started developing his own Tetrinet Server.
- What once started as a fun-project has now grown to a veritable server with features such as single-player challenges, many game types, badges, … and this is all compatible with old clients from 1997.
- Now that we have this server, we’re only lacking our own client implementation.
- Your assignment will be the design and development of a new modern client that meets the
needs of the current Tetrinet protocol. Afterwards, both the server as the client can be expanded with new game-aspects.
- Functional analysis and design of a Tetrinet Client
- Technical implementation of a Tetrinet Client according to the existing protocol
- Adding new game-aspects in both client and server
What you will gain
- You’ll learn to build a UI on an existing backend application
- You’ll experience working on an existing codebase
What you need
- Basic knowledge of Java
- Of course you have experience in playing Tetris
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Johan Siebens – Business Unit Manager OnTheSpot