Are you ready at ToThePoint?
TalkingPoint – build a digital idea suggestion box
Analyze and build a digital idea- and suggestions box in which ideas and suggestions can be selected using an up-and downvoting system.
Description of the assignment
- Our ToThePoint employees have made their hobby their work, which means we are constantly receiving creative ideas to start working with new technologies. Therefore we need a way to prioritise certain ideas so we can have some sleep from time to time 😉
- To structure and fine-tune the ideas, add budgeting and finally initiate a voting poll we’re looking to build an application to help us get the most out of this creative pool of crazy Pointers.
- Functional analysis
- Design of a responsive UI
- Development of both backend and frontend following the self-contained systems architecture
(Take note of Stefan Tilkov’s talk about SCS on http://scs-architecture.org)
- The creation of a continuous deployment pipeline
- Deployment with Docker on a Google Cloud-hosted Kubernetes cluster
What you will gain
- You will experience how to design, develop and put in production an end-to-end enterprise-
grade production-ready web application.
- Knowledge and experience with Kafka (the high throughput message bus behind LinkedIn)
- You will gain knowledge and experience with Docker
- You will gain real-life knowledge and experience with Kubernetes and google Cloud
- That lovely feeling you get knowing your design will be used in production
What you need
- Interest in a challenging but informative assignment
- Basic knowledge of Java (and optionally Spring Boot or the will to learn)
- You like to learn about big data and stream processing
- You are curious to use Vue.JS to build a responsive UI with
- You’de like to experience messaging and event driven architectures
- You can’t wait to learn a heck of a lot in a relatively limited time period.
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Steven Heyninck – Business Unit Manager ToThePoint