Are you ready for your internship at OnTheSpot?
Spring Boot meets HashiStack
Build a robust Spring Boot application platform using the HashiCorp toolsuite according to the Infrastructure-as-code principles (including monitoring run-time metrics)
Description of the assignment
- Spring Boot at this point is one of the most popular frameworks to develop Java
- The Spring Boot framework also provides integrations with many tools of HashiCorp, that
enable builds and deployment of so-called Cloud-Native applications.
- We’d like to combine Spring Boot and the HashiCorp toolsuite by building a platform on which
developers can start up Spring Boot applications easily with the goal of enabling operators to easily gain insights on the health of these applications.
- Define and implement a Production-readiness requirement for a Spring Boot applications
- Learn the principles of Infastructure-as-code with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Cheft, ….
- Install these tools in a so-called HashiStack (Consul-Nomad-Vault) on on or more cloud providers (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, …)
- Research and install a central logging system (e.g. ElasticSearch-Logstash-Kibana, …)
- Research and install a central monitoring system (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, …)
- Reasearch and install a distributed tracing system (e.g. Zipkin)
- Demonstrate your setup with a Spring Boot microservice architecture
What you will gain
- You’ll learn to work with a framework such as Spring Boot
- You’ll experience what a production environment for a Spring Boot application entails
- You’ll get a taste of one or more cloud providers
- You’ll be an expert at Infrastructure-as-a-code
What you need
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Knowledge of Java and basic Spring Boot is a plus
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Johan Siebens – Business Unit Manager OnTheSpot