Are you ready for your internship at ToThePoint?
PointInTime – management of upcoming events and registrations
Analyze and build a web application that is a part of the ToThePoint intranet, on which we can manage upcoming events and registrations.
Description of the assignment
- At ToThePoint we regularly host events. Whether they are a next meetup (e.g. VueJS Antwerp) or a monthly knowledge sharing session, conference or hackaton, … They all share similar properties (such as location, date and time, optional subjects, speakers, …) and typically they require registrations because the possible number of attendees is limited.
- Organising such events is generally done in multiple steps. For example, the booking of a location has multiple possibilities (possibly based on pricing, size of the venue or number of attendees, …) until finally one can be picked.
- Your assignment will be the creation of an application on which we can organise and manage the events during their lifecycle.
- Functional analysis
- Design of a responsive UI
- Development of both backend and frontend following the self-contained systems architecture
(Take note of Stefan Tilkov’s talk about SCS on http://scs-architecture.org)
- The creation of a continuous deployment pipeline
- Deployment with Docker on a Google Cloud-hosted Kubernetes cluster
What you will gain
- You will experience how to design, develop and put in production an end-to-end enterprise- grade production-ready web application.
- You will gain knowledge and experience in Docker
- Real-world knowledge about and experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- That lovely feeling you get knowing your design will be used in production
What you need
- You have an interest in a real-world challenge within a next-level microservices environment
- You have basic knowledge of Java and have an eagerness to learn Spring Boot (from us)
- You are curious to use Vue.JS to build a responsive UI with
- You can’t wait to learn a heck of a lot in a relative limited time period.
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Steven Heyninck – Business Unit Manager ToThePoint