Are you ready for your internship at ToThePoint?
PointGuard – Management of skills and certificates
Analyze and build a web application on which employees can manage their skills and certificates. Both the ones they already achieved as the ones they aspire, with the goal of helping the managers to provide necessary training.
Description of the assignment
- Our ToThePoint colleagues are on a path of continuous self-improvement. This translates to a mind-set of continuous self-study but also the possibility to participate in external workshops, receive extra education but also the hosting of internal training sessions and possible attendance at important conferences and fairs.
- We’d like to digitally map the skill-sets of our colleagues, and additionally follow up on their needs to participate in extra trainings and provide this where needed.
- Using the application you’ll be building: we can follow up on the certificates, examinations and registrations thereof.
- Interest in- and participation of certain job fairs and conferences should also be followed up upon digitally.
- Our employees should be able to manage this application by self-service. The unit managers will follow up and handle the needs and wishes of the employees.
- Functional analysis
- Design of a responsive UI
- Development of a backend business logic
- The creation of a continuous deployment pipeline
- Deployment with Docker on a Google Cloud-hosted Kubernetes cluster
What you will gain
- You will experience how to design, develop and put in production an end-to-end enterprise-
grade production-ready web application.
- You will gain knowledge and experience with Docker
- You will gain real-life knowledge and experience with Kubernetes and google Cloud
- That lovely feeling you get knowing your design will be used in production
What you need
• Interest in a challenging but informative assignment
• Basic knowledge of Java (and optionally Spring Boot or the will to learn)
• You like to learn about big data and stream processing
• You are curious to use Vue.JS to build a responsive UI with
• You can’t wait to learn a heck of a lot in a relatively limited time period.
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Steven Heyninck – Business Unit Manager ToThePoint