Are you ready for your internship at OneDot?
FocalPoint – management of digital media
Design and develop a cloud-hosted web application for the management of photo and video content, that is preferably also manageable by a cross-platform mobile app, with an integrated gamification leaderboard.
Description of the assignment
- Our ToThePoint colleagues regularly take pictures or video clips of different work-related aspects (a day in the life of…, brainstorm sessions, workshops, events, conferences, fairs, meetups etc.)
- We want to provide our communication team with this content as fast as possible so they can start working their magic.
- We would also like adding a gamification model that hands out rewards/karma to those who have contributed the most impactful content. We’ll be hosting different competitions and leaderboards to facilitate this, with its own rewards that go further than mere honor.
- Your assignment will be the design and development of this application. You will also be responsible of its visual design and usability that breaths “fun” so people will be eager to contribute and play around with your app.
- Functional analysis
- Design of a responsive UI
- Development of both backend and frontend following the self-contained systems architecture
(Take note of Stefan Tilkov’s talk about SCS on http://scs-architecture.org)
- The creation of a continuous deployment pipeline
- Deployment with Docker on a Google Cloud-hosted Kubernetes cluster
What you will gain
- You will experience how to design, develop and put in production an end-to-end enterprise- grade production-ready web application.
- You will gain knowledge and experience in Docker
- Real-world knowledge about and experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- That lovely feeling you get knowing your design will be used in production
What you need
- You have an interest in a real-world challenge within a next-level microservices environment
- You have basic knowledge of Java and have an eagerness to learn Spring Boot (from us)
- You are curious to use Vue.JS to build a responsive UI with
- You can’t wait to learn a heck of a lot in a relative limited time period.
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Lars van Herk – OneDot Business Unit Manager / Tech Lead