Are you ready at ToThePoint?
EntryPoint – application for managing internships
Development of a web application that enables the client to follow up on internships. All stages of the enboarding will be covered: from ideation, to submitting a proposal, to confirming their internships to following up on the candidates, as well as the follow up of the effective internship + evaluation phase.
Description of the assignment
- We from ToThePoint suggest a series of yearly internship ideas that are then submitted to different high school and/or colleges. Each internship track has its own lifecycle with its own stages. An internship starts from an idea, which then will be streamlined iteratively (research, writing, proposal, validation, …) and is then admitted in the application.
- Once the proposals are admitted, there will be a flow of student registrations that are reacting to these proposals.
- Typically we invite each of the candidates for a talk to discuss the assignment and to check if the candidate has correctly understood the task and double check their interests and expectations of the assignment.
- Once the internship has started, we would also like to follow up on the intern and we would
like to facilitate that follow up with the EntryPoint application you are going to develop.
- Functional analysis
- Design of a responsive UI
- Development of both backend and frontend following the self-contained systems architecture
(Take note of Stefan Tilkov’s talk about SCS on http://scs-architecture.org)
- The creation of a continuous deployment pipeline
- Deployment with Docker on a Google Cloud-hosted Kubernetes cluster
What you will gain
- You will experience how to design, develop and put in production an end-to-end enterprise- grade production-ready web application.
- You will gain knowledge and experience in Docker
- Real-world knowledge about and experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- That lovely feeling you get knowing your design will be used in production
What you need
- You have an interest in a real-world challenge within a next-level microservices environment
- You have basic knowledge of Java and have an eagerness to learn Spring Boot (from us)
- You are curious to use Vue.JS to build a responsive UI with
- You can’t wait to learn a heck of a lot in a relative limited time period.
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Steven Heyninck – Business Unit Manager ToThePoint