Are you ready at ToThePoint?
Build a lightweight single-sign-on-application that can support both username + password as social media log ins (Facebook, LinkedIn, GitHub, Google, …). This central SSO application will centrally authenticate the microservices-based intranet landscape of ToThePoint.
Description of the assignment
- Within ToThePoint we use a whole array of applications (self-contained systems) that
are all integrated with the frontend and are supported within our ToThePoint intranet
- These applications will all use their own authentication procedure with standard
username and password. We want those applications to handle the authentication through a single-sign-on platform so we can enhance the user experience and also differentiate between users within our multiple applications.
- Your main assignment during this internship will be the creation of a lightweight authentication-platform (both design and development), from which both log in methods are supported.
- This platform should also be self-contained.
- Functional analysis
- Design of a responsive UI
- Development of both backend and frontend following the self-contained systems
architecture (Take note of Stefan Tilkov’s talk about SCS on http://scs-
- The creation of a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Deployment with Docker on a Google cloud-hosted Kubernetes cluster
What you will gain
- You will experience how to design, develop and put in production an end-to-end
enterprise-grade production-ready web application.
- You will gain knowledge and experience in Docker
- Real-world knowledge about and experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- That lovely feeling you get knowing your design will be used in production
What you need
- You have a shown interest in a challenging but very educational assignment
- You have basic knowledge of Java and have an eagerness to learn Spring Boot
- You are curious to use Vue.JS to build a responsive UI with
- You can’t wait to learn a heck of a lot in a relative limited time period.
Technologies you'll be using
Location of your assignment
Veldkant 33B, 2550 Kontich
Steven Heyninck – Business Unit Manager ToThePoint